New Deal! Involving cement approval rights, carbon emissions, capacity replacement, etc.
- Categories:Industry News
- Time of issue:2021-05-31
New Deal! Involving cement approval rights, carbon emissions, capacity replacement, etc.
- Categories:Industry News
- Time of issue:2021-05-31
A few days ago, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment officially issued the "Guiding Opinions on Strengthening the Prevention and Control of the Source of the Ecological Environment of High Energy Consumption and High Emission Construction Projects" (hereinafter referred to as the "Opinions"), which put forward requirements for strengthening the prevention and control of the source of the ecological environment of the "Two Highs" projects .
The opinion pointed out that the carbon emission impact assessment should be included in the environmental impact assessment system. Involving capacity replacement, information on replacement capacity exit equipment and production capacity should also be recorded. Existing "two highs" projects were reviewed in accordance with relevant requirements. The "two highs" projects are temporarily counted in six industry categories, including coal power, petrochemical, chemical, iron and steel, non-ferrous metal smelting, and building materials. If there are clear regulations on the countries within the scope of the "two highs", the regulations follow.
The opinion also pointed out that for projects with high environmental impact or high environmental risks, such as cement clinker, the environmental review approval authority or lower approval requirements shall not be arbitrarily delegated in the name of reform pilots.
Ecological and environmental departments (bureaus) of all provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities directly under the Central Government, and Ecological and Environmental Bureau of Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps:
In order to fully implement the decision and deployment of the Fifth Plenary Session of the 19th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on accelerating the promotion of green and low-carbon development, resolutely curb the blind development of projects with high energy consumption and high emissions (hereinafter referred to as "two highs"), and promote green transformation and high-quality development, The following guiding opinions are proposed for strengthening the prevention and control of the ecological environment of the "two highs" project.
1. Strengthen ecological environment zoning control and planning constraints
(1) In-depth implementation of "three lines and one order". Eco-environmental departments at all levels should accelerate the application of the "three lines and one order" results in the industrial layout and structural adjustment of the "two highs" industries, and the site selection of major projects. When local eco-environmental departments organize "three lines and one single" regional and city implementation refinement and subsequent update and adjustment, they should deepen the environmental access and control requirements of "two highs" projects in the ecological environment access list; undertake the transfer of iron and steel, electrolytic aluminum and other industries Regions should strictly implement the requirements of ecological environment zoning management and control, and regard the bottom line of environmental quality as a hard constraint.
(2) Strengthen the effectiveness of planning environmental assessment. Eco-environmental departments at all levels should strictly review the relevant comprehensive plans for industries involving the "two highs" and the environmental impact assessment of special plans for industry and energy. In particular, the plans revised for the launch of the "two highs" projects should be strictly controlled during the environmental impact assessment review. "Two highs" industry development scale, optimization of planning layout, industrial structure and implementation timing. The environmental impact assessment of the park planning with the "two highs" industries as the leading industry should increase the analysis of carbon emissions and emission reduction potential, and promote the green and low-carbon development of the park. Promote coal power energy bases, modern coal chemical demonstration zones, petrochemical industrial bases, etc. to carry out planning environmental impact tracking evaluation, improve ecological environmental protection measures, and optimize and adjust planning in a timely manner.
2. Strictly approve the environmental assessment of the "two highs" project
(3) Strictly control the environmental access of construction projects. New construction, reconstruction, and expansion of "two highs" projects must comply with ecological environmental protection laws and regulations and relevant statutory planning, and meet the total emission control of key pollutants, carbon emission peak targets, ecological environment access lists, relevant planning environmental assessments, and corresponding industry construction Project environmental access conditions and requirements for the approval principles of environmental impact assessment documents. Petrochemical and modern coal chemical projects should be included in the national industrial planning. New and expanded petrochemical, chemical, coking, non-ferrous metal smelting, and flat glass projects should be located in industrial parks established in accordance with laws and regulations and subject to planning and environmental assessment. Eco-environmental departments and administrative approval departments at all levels must strictly check the regulations. Those that do not comply with relevant laws and regulations shall not be approved in accordance with the law.
(4) Implement regional reduction requirements. New “two highs” projects should follow the requirements of the “Notice on Strengthening the Supervision and Management of Regional Reduction Measures for Construction Projects in Key Industries”, formulate supporting regional pollutant reduction plans in accordance with regional environmental quality improvement goals, and adopt effective regional pollutant reduction measures to increase Provide sufficient environmental capacity. New coal-consuming projects in the national key areas for air pollution prevention and control (hereinafter referred to as key areas) should also adopt coal consumption reduction alternative measures in strict accordance with regulations, and high-polluting fuels should not be used as coal reduction alternative measures.
(5) Reasonable division of powers. Provincial eco-environmental departments should strengthen the supervision and evaluation of the environmental review and approval procedures and approval results of the "two highs" projects at the grassroots level, and adjust and increase the approval capacity in accordance with the law. Project categories with high environmental impacts or high environmental risks, such as oil refining, ethylene, steel, coking, coal chemical, coal-fired power generation, electrolytic aluminum, cement clinker, flat glass, copper-lead-zinc-silicon smelting, etc., shall not be decentralized at will in the name of reform pilots EIA approval authority or lower approval requirements.
3. Promote the coordinated control of pollution reduction and carbon reduction in the "two highs" industries
(6) Improve the level of cleaner production and pollution prevention. New and expanded "two highs" projects should adopt advanced and applicable technology and equipment, and the unit product material consumption, energy consumption, and water consumption should reach the advanced level of clean production, and measures to prevent and control soil and groundwater pollution should be formulated and strictly implemented in accordance with the law. The “two highs” industry construction projects that have issued ultra-low emission requirements by the state or locality should meet the ultra-low emission requirements. Encourage the use of clean fuels, and in principle, no new coal-fired self-contained boilers will be built for construction projects in key areas. Encourage key regional blast furnace-converter long process steel companies to transform into electric furnace short process companies. Bulk materials will be transported by rail, pipeline or waterway, and new energy vehicles will be used for short-distance connections.
(7) Incorporate carbon emission impact assessment into the environmental impact assessment system. Eco-environmental departments and administrative approval departments at all levels should actively promote the pilot work of the environmental assessment of the "two highs" projects, and implement relevant regional and industry carbon peak action plans, clean energy substitution, clean transportation, and total coal consumption control. In the EIA work, coordinate the identification of source items of pollutants and carbon emissions, the calculation of source strength, the feasibility demonstration of pollution reduction and carbon reduction measures, and the comparison of alternatives, and propose the optimal plan for coordinated control. Encourage qualified regions and enterprises to explore and implement pilot projects and demonstrations of coordinated pollution reduction and carbon reduction and carbon capture, storage, and comprehensive utilization projects.
Fourth, strengthen supervision and law enforcement in accordance with pollution permits
(8) Strengthen the management of pollutant discharge permits. Local ecological and environmental departments and administrative examination and approval departments shall comprehensively verify the implementation of various ecological and environmental protection measures and regional reduction measures in the environmental impact assessment and approval documents in the process of reviewing the issuance of pollutant discharge permits for "two highs" enterprises, and implement key management of pollutant discharge permits. The "two highs" enterprises have strengthened on-site inspections and will not permit those that do not meet the requirements in accordance with the law. Strengthen the inspection of the quality of pollution discharge permits and implementation reports submitted by the "two highs" enterprises, and urge enterprises to do a good job in accounting records, implementation reports, self-monitoring, and disclosure of environmental information. For the “two high” enterprises that have rectification notices or permits for rectification within a limited period of time, closely follow the implementation of rectification, and find that they have not completed rectification on time or have unlicensed pollutant discharges. They shall be strictly investigated and dealt with in accordance with the law.
(9) Strengthen law enforcement and supervision based on pollutant discharge permits. Local ecological environment departments should include "two highs" enterprises under "double random, one open" supervision. Intensify the inspection of the “two highs” enterprises’ pollution discharge according to the license and the disclosure of environmental information in accordance with the law. Especially for the “two highs” enterprises that implement the key management of pollution discharge permits, they should promptly check the implementation of pollution discharge permits and focus on the pollutant discharge concentration And the implementation of requirements such as emission volume, unorganized emission control, and emission control during special periods. Severely crack down on all kinds of illegal activities such as unlicensed and non-licensed pollutant discharge by "two high" enterprises, and timely expose typical cases of violations of the pollutant discharge permit system.
Fifth, the guarantee policy is effective
(10) Establish a management ledger. Eco-environmental departments and administrative approval departments at all levels should establish "two highs" project management ledgers, and include the "two highs" projects that will be accepted and approved from 2021 on environmental impact assessment documents and the "two highs" projects included in the plan by relevant departments, and record the project name, Basic information such as construction site, industry, construction status, environmental impact assessment document acceptance time, approval department, approval time, approval document number, etc., and information related to capacity replacement should also be recorded for replacement capacity exit equipment, capacity and other information. Existing "two highs" projects were reviewed in accordance with relevant requirements. The "two highs" projects are temporarily counted in six industry categories, including coal power, petrochemical, chemical, iron and steel, non-ferrous metal smelting, and building materials. If there are clear regulations on the countries within the scope of the "two highs", the regulations follow. Provincial eco-environmental departments should coordinate and control the "two highs" projects in the administrative area, and report to the Ministry of Ecology and Environment by the end of October 2021, and update them every six months.
(11) Strengthen supervision and inspection. Local ecological and environmental departments should establish a working mechanism for the supervision and inspection of the environmental impact assessment and pollutant discharge permits of the "two highs" projects. For the "two highs" projects for which the grassroots ecological and environmental departments and administrative approval departments have approved the environmental impact assessment documents, the provincial ecological and environmental departments should conduct a review. For those already under construction, it is important to check whether the ecological and environmental protection measures are implemented at the same time and whether there are major changes. For those that have been put into production or use, it is also necessary to focus on the implementation of the environmental impact assessment documents and the approved ecological environmental protection measures and the reduction and substitution of key pollutant areas, as well as the application and implementation of pollution permits. The local ecological environment departments should record the problems found in the supervision and inspection into the "two highs" project management account in a timely manner. The Ministry of Ecology and Environment will further strengthen supervision and guidance.
(12) Strengthen accountability. The construction unit of the "two highs" project should earnestly fulfill the main responsibility of ecological environmental protection. For “two highs” projects that start construction without approval of the environmental impact assessment documents in accordance with the law, or where major changes occur without re-submitting the environmental assessment documents in accordance with the law, the local ecological environment department shall order the immediate suspension of construction and severely investigate and deal with violations of the ecological environment standards. If the conditions are met, it shall be ordered to restore the original status according to law. For the “two highs” projects that do not implement the EIA and “three simultaneous” requirements, they should be ordered to rectify as required; if they cause major environmental pollution or ecological damage, they shall be ordered to stop production or use according to law, or be reported to the authorized people’s government for order. shut down. If the staff of the examination and approval and supervision departments fail to perform their duties in accordance with the law or are not strictly controlled, they shall be punished in accordance with the law, causing major losses or impacts, and the relevant persons responsible shall be held accountable in accordance with the law. If the local government’s ineffective implementation of the ecological environment prevention and control measures of the “two highs” projects is prominent, regional approvals shall be implemented in accordance with the law and be included in the central and provincial ecological environmental protection inspections.
Source: Digital Cement Network
Some of the pictures in this article are from the Internet. The copyright belongs to the original author. They are for readers' reference only and are not for commercial use. Please contact us as soon as possible, and we will delete them as soon as possible.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone
Address: No. 228, Wanshui Road, High-tech Zone, Hefei City, Anhui Province
Scan and follow us